Liverpool T-shirts

Monday 13 February 2012

Ban Them Both

 Today has been interesting, news coming out that Standard Chartered were involved in the Liverpool apologies shouldn't really be surprising, whilst most of us make Liverpool based decisions with our hearts we have to remember that our sponsors and commercial partners will be looking at things purely with business heads so even if we can justify and rationalise things going on around the club at the moment they have to look at the bigger picture and protect their investment.

 Also today I have heard so much about Saturday's game you wouldn't believe it. In fact, scratch that, I've heard nothing at all about Saturday's game, I've not even been reminded that we lost the match, but I've heard plenty about the circus surrounding Saturday. Without going into detail I've heard exactly how long Suarez should be banned for and why, I've heard why the KKK masks in the confiscated Man Utd fanzine were not only justified and a good idea but why they were necessary to fix today's broken society, I've heard why Rio Ferdinand HAS to be the next England captain, why Evra's actions at the end of the game should be applauded,  I've heard why Suarez' actions were far worse than Cantona's (honestly, you wouldn't believe the logic behind this one if I told you), why Wayne Rooney is the ideal role model, seriously, this list could go on for pages but I won't subject you to it.

 After listening to so many opinions (including my own) and reading all the press (over)reaction to the latest installment of Patrice Evra vs Luis Suarez I have reached a conclusion and I'm hoping you agree with my thoughts. While 'out of sight, out of mind' doesn't strictly apply here I think the only way to move forward is with bans, so I am now banning the words 'handshake' and 'Evra' from these pages for an indefinite length of time, effective from the end of this sentence*. I have said my piece on Alex Ferguson and why he is hypocritical talking about Liverpool players so I am now going to take my own advice and focus on my own club and not another.

 *Unless something incredibly commentworthy turns up.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is hard to reason with 99% of football fans so sometimes is better to save your breath!

    Pete pointed a link to this article which I think probably gives the story all the coverage it ever needed.

    http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-hangover-news-luis-suarez-patrice-evra-whitney-houston?Contentpage=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good link, well spotted Pete. Today's Liverpool story is so far fetched I'm not going to write it here and give it any publicity but basically involves the knock on effect Rangers will have on us and why we won't exist next season...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote Dizzie Rascal for the first and last time:

    "bonkers"

    ReplyDelete